Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Your Package Has Been Eaten By An Alligator"


I swear, I am not making any of this up.

So I ordered a computer part from Amazon. We have Amazon Prime, and the part was supposed to show up yesterday, but never did. I called Amazon's 800 number this morning (actually 866-216-1072, if you want to note it for future reference), and got a female rep with not-so-good English. After quite a thrash getting my information, she allegedly called the shipper (long time on hold for me) and came back to say they had told her my package would not be delivered...

... because it had been eaten by an alligator.

Again, I swear, I am not making this up.

I made her repeat it about five times. "It may have been a different animal" was as far as she'd budge off of this story.

I called the shipper after I got off the line, they said, "WHAT?!?", and went on to tell me the package is on the truck and should arrive today. So I called Amazon back, and kept at it until I reached a native English speaker. He said, "WHAT?!?!?"

Acording to both the shipper and the non-alligator Amazon rep, the package is still on its way, and allegedly does not have any large tooth marks. I may not ever get the part, but at least I'm giving people some good stories to tell today...

UPDATE: Well, this one got completely out of hand. Here's a link to my follow-up post (and no, I don't say, "Ha-ha, made it all up!").

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your package is non-alligator destroyed and enroute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it never showed up. Amazon says they're sending a replacement instead, so we're not quite ready to say "See you later" to this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had an online interaction with Amazon CS in which a rep named "Teddy" reprimanded me for having the chutzpah to inquire as to an unreasonably (and, as it happened, incorrectly) priced book, instead of spending more time worrying about saving the whales and feeding starving children. I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have been a little rude to the rep, and that joke is probably on you.

    ReplyDelete