Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kaus For Senate (or, Giving Back the Boeing?)


Jaw-dropper of the day, from Mickey Kaus. I'd been wondering why he'd gone radio silent over the past several days:

I did go down to the local registrar's office Monday and take out nomination papers to run in the primary for U.S. Senator against Barbara Boxer. If I return them in timely fashion with enough signatures, I should be able to get on the June ballot. We'll see what happens.

This isn't the place to make an electioneering spiel--I don't want to be a test case of campaign finance law if I can help it. But the basic idea would be to argue, as a Democrat, against the party's dogma on several major issues (you can guess which ones). Likeminded Dem voters who assume they will vote for Sen. Boxer The Incumbent in the fall might value a mechanism that lets them register their dissent in the primary.

Good for Mickey. I'll certainly be rooting for him in the primary.

Mickey also notes that his blog's status with Slate is now up in the air, but one way or another it will remain reachable via kausfiles.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment